Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Our Lady of Guadalupe Walk, 1.
957670944 (Arranged visit).
In the year 1527 D. Pedro Fernández de Córdoba, brother of the fourth Count of Cabra, built a Convent of the Order of Preachers choosing to build the building a land adjacent to the aforementioned hermitage. When the church of the Convent was built, the latter was included as its chapel, leading to the fact that at the beginning of the 18th century the wall with the painting of the Virgin of Guadalupe had to be moved.
The building of the Convent was demolished in 1855 and the Church, is conserved although much reformed.
It consists of a large central nave without a transept and two lateral naves, separated by semicircular arches. Noteworthy is the 16th century Mudejar coffered ceiling that covers the main chapel, the only one of its kind in the entire province, as well as a carved and polychrome wooden altarpiece from the second third of the 18th century.
In the nave of the epistle is the Chapel of the Virgin of Guadalupe. Another octagonal coffered ceiling stands out.
Worthy of mention is the image of the Christ of the Blood, dated in the 17th century and declared an Asset of Cultural Interest of Andalusia by the Andalusian Government in 1988 and that according to Professor Hernández Díaz “is a masterpiece” that must be attribute to the Garcia brothers.