The Route is composed of the Town and City Halls of Santiponce, Carmona, La Luisiana, Ecija, Almodóvar del Río, Córdoba, Montoro, Almedinilla, Puente Genil, Osuna, Marchena, Jerez, Cádiz, Tarifa and Baena.
- To develop initiatives to jointly promote a tourist-cultural route in the old Betis Valley.
- To coordinate the work of local public administrations and socioeconomic agents in achieving synergy, to help them reach their respective development objectives.
- To both increase and diversify the existing cultural and tourist offer, and its quality.
- To help redistribute the tourism flows towards areas with a greater capacity to absorb tourists.
- To complement and interconnect the existing offer of Thematic Routes of Andalusia, Spain and the Mediterranean, thereby helping to structure the sector.
- To help satisfy the expected increase in demand for inland quality tourism.
- To help the dissemination and conservation of the historical, natural and cultural heritage of Andalusia and the Mediterranean.
|TOWN OR CITY||SPECIAL THEME||COMPLEMENTARY THEME|
|ALMEDINILLA||The Roman villa||The natural world|
|CÁDIZ||Exploitation of the sea||The theatre and shows|
|CARMONA||The Roman defences||Military defences. Religiosity|
|ÉCIJA||Roman Art||Religious Architecture|
|ALMODÓVAR DEL RIO||The River||The Castle|
|OSUNA||The Law||The Necropolis|
|CÓRDOBA||The Administration||Al-Andalus architecture|
|MONTORO||The sculpture||The surrounding hills|
|PUENTE GENIL||The mosaics of the Roman Villa of Fuente Álamo||The portrait|
|BAENA||Torreparedones Archaeological Park|
|MARCHENA||Everyday life||The ducal villa|
|SANTIPONCE||The Roman domus||The monasteries|